I had both yesterday at the exact same moment! Starting at about 4 months I would set my girls in the bathroom sink on a towel, give 'em a tooth brush or my makeup to play with and do their hair! They have always been good about letting me do their hair and for the most part still are, except Hannah just wants pig tails and Halle hates cinnibuns, they still don't complain and let me try new things!! So yesterday when I saw this from my bedroom...
I had a flashback of her sitting in the sink and her letting me do her hair!! Then I had a glimpse into the future...of her standing there doing her own hair! Growing up! It's happening with Hannah and I don't like it! I guess I shouldn't say I don't like it! It's fun and new things to look forward too! It just seems to be happening too fast! So I guess I just need to slow down and enjoy each moment! Even the ones that drive me crazy {you should have seen the bathroom after Hal was done}! But soon enough I will have a perfectly clean house with lines in my carpet from my vacuum, no mud across the kitchen floor, the toilet will be flushed, no more naked Barbies in the tub, dishes under the beds, no fingerprints on my windows, a bag of chips will last more than a few hours, and my fridge will stay full for more than a few days!! And you know what...I will miss it all!! So thankful for...1) suns out and boys are going golfing 2) going for a bike ride with my girls 3) the skiff of snow we got last night is slowly melting
4 comments:
Your post seriously made me want to cry:-) Kids grow up so fast! It seems like just yesterday we were sleeping over at your house, watching Dirty Dancing and eating potato chips:-) I can't believe we have switched places with our parents! I think you are absolutely right, we need to enjoy each moment:-)
How great is that picture! She is so dang cute! I love the way you write about your little moments with your family. You are awesome. What a mom. Love ya.
It is so true how fast the time flies. I love it when I have little moments like that! You are such a wonderful mom, and a great inspiration to me! It is crazy that the things that drive us the most nuts are the things I just know we will miss the most! Hal is such a cute girl!!!
What cute little girl...and such a sweet post!
Post a Comment