hoppin' down the bunny trail, hippity, hoppity, Easter came Sunday!! It was a great day! Not only was it Easter Sunday, it was also General Conference! The kids woke up to find that Peter Cottontail had found our house...he left the boys some $, Halle got the new Chipmunk Munk movie, Hannah got a new volleyball, and they all got alot of candy! John had to work so we spent the day watching conference! Loved the talks...the kids even listened! After conference was over we headed to mom and dad's for Easter dinner and another egg hunt! We had ham, turkey, salads, rolls, potatoes, and yummy desserts! I love getting together with my family, we always end up laughing and having a good time!! And I snatched Steph's camera {since I don't have one and took some pictures}! Here's all the grand kids {minus Ryker} waiting for the hunt to start...
Jace ~ new golf glove...
Hal ~ Barbie sketch pad and new sunglasses...
Hannah ~ new purse, thongs, and sunglasses...
Justin ~ new golf glove...
And GO...















And our family, minus our daddy, :( ....
We all gathered back inside and visited for a while, hung out, and laughed...


and this is Mike...asking someone to..."please take that camera away from her!" {ME}
Remember my "irritating with camera post"? I wasn't fibbin'! But I also like to irritate Mike! It was a great day! John rode home with a guy he works with so he was home an hour early! It's hard when he works some holidays and he doesn't like too, but they had a yummy Easter dinner at work! He's a hard working daddy and we love him more than jellybeans and Reese's peanut butter cups!!
I like this talk "The Atonement ~ Our Greatest Hope" by James E. Faust, it wasn't from this general conference, but it is what I am
so VERY thankful for....
"That singular event was the incomparable Atonement of our Lord and Savior, Jesus the Christ. This was the most transcendent act that has ever taken place, yet it is the most difficult to understand. My reason for wanting to learn all I can about the Atonement is partly selfish: Our salvation depends on believing in and accepting the Atonement. Such acceptance requires a continual effort to understand it more fully. The Atonement advances our mortal course of learning by making it possible for our natures to become perfect. All of us have sinned and need to repent to fully pay our part of the debt. When we sincerely repent, the Savior's magnificent Atonement pays the rest of that debt." As we remember the greatest event in history, do we each take enough time to personally reflect on what the atonement and resurrection of Christ truly means to each of us? It is so easy to get caught up in family dinners, new Easter clothes and the Easter bunny, and forget the sacredness of the events which bring us together to celebrate. This Easter I am going to wake early and read the account of Christ from the Last Supper to his glorious resurrection. I will sit and give thanks that I have the chance to repent and return to live with my Savior again. I will reflect on the way that I am living my life and make sure that I am living the way that He would have me live. I will then take the time to remind my children of the importance of this very special day."
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing your fun Easter. I just noticed your Nelson Mandela quote (where have I been?) and I SO needed it today. I think it will find a way into my art journal tonight. You made my day. Thanks for being you!
Chris you always make me laugh!
Great pictures of your Easter fun.
Love....your Mom's apron. LOL
Thanks for the sweet comment you left me the other day.
Jonna
Post a Comment