Saturday, August 14, 2010

If I could...

I would have John haul me and the kids to the mountains the day school gets out, leave me there, and then go back to the "city" the day before school starts ~ only heading back into the "city" for supplies! I would spend my whole summer in the mountains!! I was crying on the way home from our last camping trip cause I wanted a trailer or a cabin!!! I truly would stay in the mountains all summer and every chance I could get and John would come up every four days on his days off and stay and then in the fall he'd take four weeks off for hunting and he'd stay in the trailer and the kids and I would come up during harvest and every weekend!! See...we have it all planned out!! But till we can get a trailer {hopefully soon} we have to make do!! Which means tagging along with mom and dad...taking a tent, the girls shacking up with mom and dad and John and I sleep in the car!! Our one and only camping adventure this year was to the K.O.A. just outside of Yellowstone! Now some may say K.O.A.'s are not for "real campers" but hey...give me a trailer, a fire, and the mountains and I'm a happy camper!! With Justin working this year and going to Disneyland our summer went really fast! I told Halle we were going camping for three days and she said she didn't want to...she wanted to go for ten!!! Now she's a girl that LOVES camping!! So a few weekends ago we headed up on a Friday afternoon! Justin, his friend Kabe, and Jace headed up a little later after Kabe got off work! We set up the tent for the boys, the girls were going to sleep with mom, and John and I would sleep in his car {which ended up being the worst night sleep of our life}!!! It was a really nice campground! It had bike you could rent, a pool, mini golf, playground, and every night they had an activity planned like smores or tye dying shirts...so we did it all!!! The kids played at the playground... the boys and Hannah golfed... we roasted Starbursts ~ surprisingly good...we visited around the fire {my favoritest thing to do}... some of wanted to "model"...and we had the best tin foil dinners ever for dinner... the kids had fun pushing Miss Oakleigh in her little car... the kids wanted to try the pool and when they came back we went and roasted smores...and we did all that in just the few short hours we were there!!! And we aren't done!!! Mom and dad had planned a little surprise for when night time came!!! They told us to grab our chairs and blankets and meet on the side of their trailer!!! The had planned a "movie night"... they had the projector all set up, a "screen" on the side of their trailer, and we watched "How to Train Your Dragon" {super cute movie if ya haven't seen it} outside! It was so much fun!!! At that moment it really could not have gotten any better!!! After the movie we all headed to our "beds" and after getting everyone settled into their spots, John and I headed to the back of the Tahoe thinking it wouldn't be too bad!! WRONGO BONGO!! It was the absolutely the worst night sleep I've had....that both of us have had!! We didn't bring an air mattress so it was harder than cement, the car looked like it was level but our heads were on just enough of a downhill slant that we both got heartburn { we are getting sop old} and we could turn the other way cause it had places where the seat folded down and you could feel it in your back, so we doubled up our pillows to raise our heads to help with the heart burn and at one point {2:36 in the morning after John came back from peeing} I asked him if I could just lay on top of him so I could have some cushioning! He said no!! So we just stayed awake most of the night talking, laughing, sleeping on and off, tossing and turning!!! But it's a night we'll never forget! And we are definitely taking an air mattress next time! Like I said that was just day one!!! And day two was just as fun!! But it's 11:44 in the morning and I'm still in my house coat {the kids are all gone, John is at work, it's quiet for two seconds, no one is demanding anything from me, and I have no where to go, so why not} but I had better get dressed and get going cause it won't stay that way for long...stay tuned for day two!

No comments: