Sunday, October 31, 2010

First day of school ~ 2010

First day of school was August 19th {yea I know....again time is slippin' through my fingers}!! Everyone was excited! We had all the supplies bought, new clothes, shoes, and backpacks, outfits were all laid out, and everyone was bathed and /or showered!! John gave the kids each a father's blessing!! Makes me cry every year when I watch each of them sit on the chair and listen to John and the blessing he gives each one of them!!! SO grateful for the priesthood that resides and protects our home! Then everyone crawled in their beds with dreams of the new school year dancing in their head ~ cheesy I know but it just came to me as I was typing it!! I woke up about 5:00 am {I couldn't sleep thinking about getting everyone ready, take pictures, and get them to school on time}!! So I got all ready and fixed a very specific breakfast request made by Halle.....pancakes in the shape of her name, bacon, and orange juice!! And then I ventured in and started waking the dead to come to breakfast...
Halle...
Rae...
Jace...

Justin...
and even one for dad...
Then it was time for pictures...

Miss Gene ~1st grade....
 
Justin ~ Junior in High School...
J~Bear ~ 8th grade.....
Rae ~ 6th grade...
Justin took Jace to school! Drove away in the "Yoda"....
and being a couple of smart a*#@ by waving the other way!!! John and I took the girls....
That night we had our 2nd Annual Back-to-School dinner! We had mom and dad down to eat with us...
We were missing Justin, he was at football!!
But he ate later....of course!!! It's been a great year so far!! Halle loves her teacher Mrs. Bush, Hannah is now in 6th grade so she switches classes and is doing good with that! Jace is an 8th grader and is doing good and keeping his grades up! And Justin...he's a junior!! I can't even type that without crying!He also is doing good and working hard to get good grades {so he can drive and his dad and I can get the "good student discount" or what ever it's called}!!! Me....I am adjusting to being bring home alone!! At first it was hard, being alone all day, but I am enjoying my time at home!!

No comments: