Wednesday, March 23, 2011

You will NEVER see this again....

Jace in a skirt {I had to crop the picture so it's really blurry ~ sorry}! But to raise money for the Special Olympics the girls basketball team dressed like guys and the boys basketball team dressed like girls!! It was hilarious....
They raised over $200 dollars!! Later that day they had a basketball game against the teachers! I snuck over for a few minutes and watched ~ forgot the camera!!! It was fun! But back to the dress! Jace tried on all my dresses! Some were too low, some too tight, some too short, some too long!! He's a picky dresser that kid!! So he decided on my black skirt, Grandma Carter's shirt, his t-shirt, and my black sweater vest! I tried to get him to wear a necklace but he wouldn't be havin' any of that!!! But we struggled with shoes! Jace couldn't get the concept that most women....don't wear size 13 shoes!! And this all took place at 10:00 at night!! He tried on all my shoes, tryin' to squeeze his foot in, we called a few neighbors, and to no avail we didn't find shoes!! So he went with his sneakers!!! I knew he wouldn't wear it all day but he made it until noon and then changed in to basketball shorts and a sweatshirt! He kept sayin' how weird it was to wear a skirt! A little story.....Jace got in a little trouble in class for talking {big surprise there} and had to go sit in the hall!! Well he went out to the hall and was just standin' there! The teacher came out and and said, "Jace ya need to SIT in the hall." Jace told him "I am not sitting on the ground in a dress." Well Jace and the teacher argued for a few more minutes about how he was not going to sit on the floor in a dress {he had some shorts on underneath} but he was not going to sit on the floor in a dress!!! So he ended being sent to the office for a lunch detention!! He was sure the teacher wouldn't have made a girl sit on the floor in a dress and Jace wasn't going to either!!! I am proud he stood up for himself!! He can be kind of quiet and I've told him never to be disrespectful but to always stand up for himself and his dad and I would support him!! But like I said....you will NEVER see this again!!  

1 comment:

Scott and Lindsey said...

Your kids are doing so many FUN things, I am amazed you keep up with it all:-) Talking in class?? Who does he get that from Chris;) My funnest classes were always ones I had with you!