On October 26th, 2011 my baby turned 18!! We wanted to have a grand celebration but things just didn't work like we wanted so we went to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wing's with the family and Zachary, who tagged along!!! And of all times to forget my camera, but Shannon had hers so I got a few photos......
He got a new snowboard coat and pants, a Nixon watch {which he returned and got a Diesel one} from mom, dad, and Jace, a football and Mountain Dew from Halle and Hannah, some $$ from his aunts and uncle, and some Vibram 5 finger toe shoes from Grandma and Grandpa Carter!!! Which if you don't know what those are, they look like this...
which look a little weird but he loves them!! And ya have to wear socks that have toes too!!
Kinda funky if ya ask me!!!
But he chowed down on wings and fries, we played some trivia, and had a fun time!!
On facebook the morning of his birthday I wrote....
"18 years ago today a beautiful 10 lb. baby boy was placed in my arms at exactly 6:26 p.m.!!! My life was forever changed!! He has made me laugh, cry, worry, fret, swear, proud, amazed, scream, happy, and shake my head in wonder, awe, and on more than one occasion....."what the hell"?! He will never be able to comprehend how much I love him!! How proud I am of him, how grateful I am, and how honored I am, to be his mom!!! Happy birthday Brigham!!! Love you!! Have a super great day!!!"
I am honored to be this boys mom!! I am so proud of him!! Is he perfect? NO! He has made some dumb mistakes and has done some dumb ass things....but I truly could not have hand picked a better son!! He has my a piece of my heart and forever will!! This turning 18 thing just happened too fast!! It seriously was just yesterday he was runnin' around in his Batman underwear, wearin' his cowboy boots and runnin' through the house gettin' the "bad duys"! Or riding his bike down the street using a 12 pack of pop box on his head looking out the little handle part as a helmet! Telling me jokes....
"knock, knock?
who's there?
olive...
olive who?
olive you!!!"
Being his dad's shadow little shadow, dressing just like him with Levi's, his shirt tucked in, a belt with a little plastic Gerber on it, and tennis shoes!! Never telling me where he was going and if he went somewhere different to play {still does this}!! Helping his grandpa and grandma, and playing for hours outside with his trucks in the dirt!! He makes his dad and I smile and laugh!! He shares all he does with us and even let's me follow him to all these "firsts", even though he is 18 {got a fun one coming up}!!! I will never be able to put into words how much I love the kid!! How he has been a blessing in my life!! How he has made being a mom one of the greatest joys in my life!!! He makes me proud and again, honored, to be the mom of the great man he is becoming! I love you Justin!! I will love you forever!!










No comments:
Post a Comment