We have been searching for bugs!! And I am glad to be done searching for bugs!! Halle had to do a bug collection for school! Justin caught some cool ones on the golf course, dad got some out to work, and the brothers and Hannah took Halle along the canal bank and found some more!! Our outside freezer was full of baggies, bottles, and plastic containers....full of frozen bugs!! Halle helped me out everything together {with dad pushing the pins into the bugs, neither one of us could do that} and it turned out super cute!! Well, as cute as you can get with bugs....
I put a shout out on facebook for people to keep an eye out for bug's and last Thursday a sweet lady called and asked if we still needed bugs!! I said sure do and she said they had caught a SCORPION in Vegas at their condo!! They caught it and brought it home!! I didn't learn till the next day tat a scorpion isn't an insect, it's an arachnid I think, but still super cool...
She was a little freaked out to carry it!! The dragonflies wings would flutter when you talked and she was convinced that they weren't dead!! But we secured the lid and she made it!!
She got a cute little ribbon! I went and had lunch with Hal and had a chance to look at all the bug collections!! They were awesome!! Lots of creepy, crawly, bugs!! Halle's teacher told me a funny story!! A little boy came in carrying a styrofoam hamburger container. He told Mrs. Davis he needed something really heavy to keep the lid shut!! She asked why....come to find out he had about 6 LIVE bugs in the container!! A bee, a grasshopper, a spider!! I laughed so hard!! Can you just imagine??
Fun times!!
No comments:
Post a Comment