Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I'm freezing...

I am so cold!! I have John's coat on while I'm typing this. Go turn the heat on you may say...well I live with this guy...
Remember "Snow Miser's" song...
"I'm Mister White Christmas, I'm Mister Snow. I'm Mister Icicle, I'm Mister ten below. Friends call me Snow Miser, what ever I touch turns to snow in my clutch... I'm too much! [Chorus:] He's Mister White Christmas, He's Mister Snow, He's Mister Icicle, He's Mister Ten Below...I never want to see a day that's over forty degrees. I'd rather have it thirty, twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!!"
That's John, Mr. Snow Miser!! I can't blame him though, his parents' house is always freezing!! They only turn the heat up at night when it's on time of day and turn it down during the day. So they usually end up wearing jackets or coats during the day, If my kids ever go out there they always take a sweatshirt or jacket cause it's cold!! Which is fine for them, that's what they do, but I like it warm!! And I try to explain to John to leave it at a set degrees and then it doesn't take so much "energy" to heat and re-heat the house!! It stays just right!! But then ya have the constant battle with the children...in the wintertime I'm yelling..."shut the door you're letting the heat out" and in the summer it's..."shut the door you're letting the heat in"!! That is a never ending battle in the household. Though I was over to my friends and she has hinges on her door that you replace your regular hinges with that close the door automatically!!! I am so going to go get those and my battle will be won!! So just a second...I just half to make a note on my "palm pilot" a.k.a the palm of my hand (I know that's not "classy to write on yourself, but hey I lose my lists, I can't remember, so my hand ~ comes in handy ~ to remember things ;)
AND guess what? Did you know there are 14 days till the Presidential Election? I am not even going to TRY to pretend to be sophisticated and smart about what's going on. I should be better about keeping up with who stand for what and where on the issues. I'm not totally in the dark...I know who I'm voting for and feel pretty good about it ~ considering the choices. So remember to get out the and exercise the Right to Vote!!!
Things around here have been pretty calm...Jace had his first basketball game Saturday! They won 34-31! Getting ready for Justin's birthday Sunday and Halloween...next week is going to be really busy..."Nightmare on Spruce Street" is Monday {our neighborhood carnival for the kids}, ward party is Tuesday - the primary is charge of three games, plan and carry out Hannah's Halloween Party at school Thursday, go Trick~or~Treating on Halloween night with the girls, AND help plan a Halloween party for 16 teenagers on Halloween night!! Ooooo, writing all that out made me realize I better get busy! Though I do work well under pressure, the last minute type of thing. Lots of fun and lots of craziness!! Oh well, at least I can take off my "mask" I wear all year and be the "witch" I really am!! Just call me "Witch Hazel". (Love her...do you remember her from the Bugs Bunny cartoons?)
So thankful for... 1) I am going to go and turn the heat up to 80º and if John says anything I'll blame it in Halle ~ not nice I know 2) if I "whine" LONG enough about how cold I am John will turn the heat up to 80º himself "just to shut you up" as he would put it 3) even though I "whine"... "Snow Miser" loves me, cold toes and all!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are too funny! :) I love reading your posts!! I thought I had a busy Halloween week coming until I read your upcoming adventures! Sheesh...that made me tired just reading it! :) Have fun with all the festivities.....can't wait to see the cute pictures!!