Saturday, November 29, 2008

We had a great Thanksgiving...

missed John, but I saved him a big turkey leg that he enjoyed when he got home!!! Dinner was great...great food and great company. I took my camera but this is the only picture I got... Mom makes the best gravy....I could almost drink it! All the food was absolutely delicious!! Since John was working the kids and I went to an afternoon movie. We went to see Madagascar 2... It was a really cute movie! One I will probably buy when it comes out! We stopped and got gas on the way home and why I tell you this is because I filled up for $34.00!! A 1$.67 a gallon! I am so thankful the price of gas has dropped ~ and continues to drop. I just wonder how long it will stay this way!! Last night we went to Iggy's for Mandie and Shannon's upcoming birthdays, ran over to Wal-Mart and picked up a few things, had to buy new lights for the Christmas tree...last year I had John put the lights on the tree and he did a great job! But he had them wrapped so tight around each branch and up the middle so tight that when I went to take them off, to take the tree apart, it was a jumbled mess and I got really frustrated!! So I ended up getting the scissors and cutting them off the tree!! I know not very smart, but I couldn't leave them on the tree because it breaks down into three parts and I was just irritated by the whole situation so I just cut them off the tree, so we needed new lights! I also got the girls Christmas jammies. Feelin' a little stressed out about the whole Christmas thing! Don't know what to get my parents or John's parents and I just need to get started! But John just says "relax...we'll get it done"! And he's right, I just can't believe Christmas is in 26 days! My parents came over last night and we played a few rounds of "Rummikub" and "UNO" and had some bacon -wrapped chestnuts!! While we were playing the doorbell rang and this is what I found when I answered it... Someone had left big sacks of garbage on our porch! At least that's what I thought till I realized the bags were laughing!! Yea...they were full of idiot teenagers! At first I thought it was Justin and his friends but I called him and they were over playing football...I never figured out who it was...but they stayed there long enough for me to grab my camera and take their picture! Then they ran to their get away car! Justin and his friends have done this a couple of times over in Steph's neighborhood on people's doorstep ~ I think it's quite stupid if ya ask me ~ but he had a couple of friends who would actually do this in the daytime and sit in the middle of the road like this!! Now that's just beyond stupid!! And I threatened Justin with his life if ever did anything like that I'd kick his butt ~ which I would have to kick my leg quite high cause he's getting so tall! Going to spend the rest of the day finishing putting up Christmas, John finally put up the light and towel bar in the bathroom & put the door back on, buy groceries, laundry ~ which I have somewhat under control ~ and get ready for Sunday!! I am going to cook a turkey tomorrow to have Thanksgiving with John! But I started my diet again so no turkey for me!! You know what...diets suck!! This is the hardest thing I've ever done! But it's working and I never expected it to be easy so I must press forward!! I thought this was funny... So thankful for...1) the bathroom is almost finished 2) that I am able to feed my family {even though I can't eat it} 3) the spirit of Christmas

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh man I can't believe that John had to work - that stinks!!
My boys want to see Madagascar 2 too! We enjoyed the first one, so good to know the second one will be cute too!
That is kinda funny about the kids in the sack thing. Who would have thought?
Good job on the diet!! That picture couldn't have said it better!
Oh, and good luck on the Christmas shopping. I am still stuck on Seth's dad. And Seth says the same thing - "I'll figure it out"!

Mandie said...

The dinner looked yummy! Missed you guys. The movie was sure cute I will also be buying that one! Love ya!