Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A few fun things...

go to Bakerella and see what she has come up with now! I need to find an occasion that I can make these!! I would love to make them for the kids' school parties but you can only bring store bought treats :( Maybe I'll just make them for the family and who ever stops by!! So if you're out and about...stop on by!! And Angie sent this fun and easy way to send some holiday wishes to the troops...go to "Let's Say Thanks" and Xerox will print and mail your card with your name and holiday wish to a soldier over seas! We had our family pictures taken back in November. Chantri Keele did them and did an awesome job! They all turned out great...but here are a few of my favorites... Thanks Chantri!! It was a cold day and we even had to out Halle in the car the last few minutes in front of the heater on full blast to warm her up a little! But we got it done till next year!! I always struggle with what to wear for family pictures...we need to "match" and I'm not a huge fan of what we wore and don't know how it evolved to red, black and white but it did and it's so much better than one of our earlier family pictures where John is actually wearing a AC/DC shirt. Didn't even notice what was on it, just that it was brown and had John throw it on! It was a last minute thing and the photographer did an awesome job too {Kimberly} but just wished she would said something to me about John's shirt! It still makes me laugh when I think what she must have been thinking while taking our pictures, probably something like..."seriously, who wears an AC/DC shirt in family pictures?" I went and found that picture...{I couldn't find the one in color}... Seriously...I can't believe I let John wear that and had our picture taken in that...throw in a few beer cans and cigarettes and you would have a true red neck family {and I can't believe how much the kids have grown}! Oh, well what do ya do!! Gettin' my neighbor gifts ready to deliver and our primary gifts put together. Have a little bit of shopping to finish up...going to wait till John's next four days off and we should finish next week! So thankful for...1) John ~ even though he's a heat scrooge {yes, still arguing over the heat} 2) laundry is actually done AND put away 3) going to go and make some yummy treats for the family and remember... "And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store? What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more?" ~ Dr. Seuss

7 comments:

Shayna said...

Gorgeous pictures... I so want to get mine redone. The photographer that did ours was so bad. I have a new photographer for next year. I struggle with what to wear too. You have a cute family and they are all growing up so fast!

Jessica said...

Told ya once - what a beautiful family you have! I think all the pictures look wonderful.
When we had our family pictures taken when Kayden was about 6 months old (that has been our only one since this last year) Seth was wearing an Old Navy tee shirt. OOOhh I was so mad at him. BUT..... AC/DC??? Seth would TOTALLY think that was cool - and even wear one himself!
LOVE the pictures, LOVE your "thankfuls" and LOVE the grinch quote!

Kimberly Davis said...

I LOVE YOUR PICTURES....Chris - you have never looked so BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love your hair - you look so young...and I'm just getting wrinkles, it's so not fair!!!!

The Ac/DC shirt....that's just a fun memory, we love you all! You better send me a picture!

Jonna said...

Beautiful pictures....and you look fabulous! You should be proud of yourself.

Anonymous said...

Chris...I LOVE LOVE LOVE your family pictures! They are very cute...cute family = cute pictures!! :) I am loving your hair in those pics too...and your girls bows are adorable I must say! I might have to try and make some of those! Adorable!! What a good lookin' family you have...we need to get our family pictures done...Brooklyn was like 9 months...um....she is almost 3!! It's about time!! Hope you guys are doing great...tell Halle and Hannah hi from the girls!

Shelly Elizondo said...

Your pictures turned out great. I love your hair long. You and your family all look beautiful!
Shelly

Angie said...

I love your new pictures!!! Have I mentioned how great you look? I am so proud of you and all you have accomplished. Keep it up. P.S. I am really grateful Joe does what he is told when it comes to family pictures. Now,if I can get him to think more on how he dresses the kids when we leave the house. It makes Johns t-shirt look like a tuxedo.