Saturday, August 8, 2009

{sigh}...

this time of year is a busy one! My calendar has started to fill back up with football practices, haircuts, school registrations, first day of school, back to school nights, meetings, sports physicals, and opening socials! Trying to squeeze in a few more picnics, water park trips, late-nights with friends, and sleeping in till 10:00! Busy buying school supplies, school clothes, school shoes, socks, t-shirts, and underwear! Realizing my kids are growing too fast and my baby is going to kindergarten!! I don't want the two hour "break"...I want her home with me ~ forever!! But she is ready! She is confident and excited and can't wait for her new adventure to begin! I ask her..."what am I going to do while you're at kindergarten?" and her says..."you be ok {while patting my back}, just do what you did while I was at pre-school and then I'll be home and we can play!" Justin is going to be a sophomore and will most likely drive on his first day and that will be just as hard...I think I'll follow him so I can get a picture {don't worry, he's totally used to mom following him and snappin' pictures and he's cool with it}! Jace will be in seventh grade {middle school} and is taller than most freshman! And my Han is going to be in fifth grade! The fifth graders are the oldest kids in the school now and we've gotten her some cute clothes this year...a little more grown up and we cut her hair! She is really excited to go and is a beautiful young lady! John will be home on their first day of school so I'll just have him hug me and ask him why we didn't have more kids and he'll remind me it's a good thing our kids are "leaving" the nest slowly! They are doing what they are supposed to, learning and growing, and getting ready to make their own way in the world step by step...year by year! And I'll {sigh} and wait anxiously with milk and hot chocolate chip cookies, for them to get home and tell me all about their first day! And we'll get into our "routine" of the school year and John will patiently wait for my next "hormonal meltdown" about who knows what!! Anywhoo...Utah with my two best friends was so much fun!! We ate, laughed, ate some more, shopped, laughed, and shopped some more! I took my camera but left it in the car, so no pictures darn it! Halle also {finally} got her letter in the mail saying who her kindergarten teacher would be...{notice the hair ~ daddy don't do hair while the mommy is in Utah shopping}...Her got Mrs. Jensen!!
Well best go and get Hannah packed! She gets to go and stay with her Aunt Connie who lives in Montana for a few days! The girl is beside herself with excitement! Her birthday is actually tomorrow but we are going to celebrate it when she gets home! So thankful for...1) John is feeling better ~ he was pretty sick for a few days 2) half the school supplies bought and labeled, half to go 3) got my groceries bought for the week {2 carts full}!

5 comments:

Shayna said...

That whole post made me cry... not sure if I am hormonal with this pregnancy but I would only hope that I would be as good as a mom as you are! You are the best! You should have called me while you were down here! I would have loved to meet for dinner. I need a laugh!! And with you guys the laughs are the best!

Jonna said...

Hannah is the cutest ever with her new haircut...do stylish! Halle doesn't need her hair to be done...she is still so darn cute. Good luck with all the upcoming school demands. One day, you will actually enjoy some alone time!

perfection said...

Cute haircut! I agee, Halle looks cute no matter if
daddy fixed it or not!

Colette said...

Hannah's haircut is so cute and Halle's hair doesn't look half bad with Dad doing the styling. I could totally relate to your post it is so hard that our babies are getting older. I read blogs where the kids are just starting to walk and wish for those days again. Now our kids are driving to school. SOB, SOB!! Hang in there, what time with those warm chocolate chip cookies be ready?? Maybe you could make a batch early and I'll bring the kleenexes over!

Kimberly Davis said...

I swear getting ready for back to school is killing me this year...we only have a Kohl's & Shopko to pick from Yuck!!!! Plus I swear every year I clean Wal Mart out with the amount of school supplies I have to buy! Let's just say I've become a big fan of online shopping!!!

Glad your so happy!~