Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"WIll you draw me a frog?"......

 is what Halle asked me to do last night around 9:06 p.m.!! She is writing a book about a frog on a log named Og! So she needed me to draw a frog that was sitting on a lily pad!There are two things in life I definitely can't do....sing and draw!! The talent is not even there to develop!! I am extremelyy bad at both!! I have to come accept it and don't even try!! But when this little girl came to me last night and if I would draw a frog, this is how the conversation went down....

Hal: "Mom, can you draw me a frog right there, sitting on that lily pad?"
Mom: "Hal, mommy can't draw!"
Hal: "Please mom!! I need a frog right here!"
Mom: "Go ask daddy. He draws really good animals!"
Hal: "Nooooooo.......PLEASE!"
Mom: "You should really be in bed!"
Hal: "Draw me a frog and I'll go right to bed!"
Mom: "I can't draw a frog"!
Hal: {grabbing both sides of my face in her sweet little hands and pulling me
close to her face and then saying}
"Mom, just do your best! That's all I ask!"

{Oh my heart just melted!!!}

Mom, just do your best! That's all I ask!
I grabbed that green crayon and drew that girl a frog!! It was a really, REALLY, bad frog ~ had a smiley face and everything!! But  it was just what she wanted!! She loved it!! I am going to go and try to track down "Og the Frog" page but she has so many little hiding places I don't know where to start!! 
Have a great day!!!

3 comments:

Jonna said...

Pure sweetness!

Jessica said...

Well that is about the cutest thing EVER! Kinda made me teary eyed to tell you the truth, isn't that all we ask... JUST DO YOUR BEST!
I am with you on lacking the 2 talents - singing and drawing.

Jolene said...

How cute is that? Tell Halle that I left her a little post on my blog, just for her. Hope she likes it!